Introduction and summary
OUR SERVICES DO NOT INCLUDE THE PROVISION OF ANY MEDICAL ADVICE OR TREATMENT BY US. RATHER, OUR SERVICES ENABLE USERS TO ACCESS DIGITAL CONTENT AND FERTILITY HEALTH COACHING TOOLS AND RESOURCES, INCLUDING A FERTILITY HEALTH COACH WHO MAY PROVIDE YOU WITH LIMITED WEB, TELEPHONE, SMS, OR EMAIL BASED SUPPORT. OUR COMPANY DOES NOT EMPLOY OR CONTRACT WITH PHYSICIANS TO PROVIDE FERTILITY ADVICE. COMPANY’S FERTILITY HEALTH COACHES ARE NOT LICENSED PHYSICIANS OR LICENSED HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS. OUR SERVICES PROVIDE INFORMATION AND GUIDANCE ONLY. ALL CONTENT PROVIDED OR ACCESSED THROUGH OUR SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OUR PERSONNEL, IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THIS CONTENT SHOULD NOT BE USED DURING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY OR FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT OF ANY MEDICAL CONDITION. ALWAYS CONSULT A PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER FOR PERSONAL MEDICAL ATTENTION AND ADVICE, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT A MEDICAL CONDITION. OR CHANGING YOUR DIET OR COMMENCING OR DISCONTINUING ANY COURSE OF TREATMENT DO NOT USE OUR SERVICES AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR CONSULTING WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROVIDER, AND DO NOT IGNORE OR DELAY OBTAINING PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE BECAUSE OF INFORMATION OR CONTENT ACCESSED THROUGH OUR SERVICES. IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY.
OUR SERVICES ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AND DO NOT CONSTITUTE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT AND ARE OFFERED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR FERTILITY CONDITION OR THE USE (OR FREQUENCY) OF ANY MEDICATION OR MEDICAL DEVICE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY FERTILITY-RELATED GUIDANCE, COURSE OF TREATMENT, DIAGNOSIS OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS THAT YOU MAY OBTAIN IN CONNECTION WITH OR AS A RESULT OF USING OUR SERVICES.
Again, the Services we provide are for educational and informational purposes only. We want to help you make more informed decisions about your reproductive health, but we can’t make these decisions for you. Nothing we communicate should be considered medical advice. Our content may reference medical topics, and even though we try our hardest, we make no warranty that any of our content is accurate, up to date or error free. Even if a statement we make is accurate, it does not necessarily apply to you or your specific symptoms. Please see Section 6 for more details.
You’re using our Services at your own risk; Sandstone doesn’t take any responsibility for the results or consequences of any attempt to use or adopt the information presented in our Services. None of our Content or Services attempt to offer or render a medical opinion or otherwise engage in the practice of medicine.
- Entering the Agreement
All use of our Services is subject to the Terms set forth below. Please read these terms carefully. If you do not agree with any of them, you may not use our Services and should not provide any of your information to our coaches, into our app(s) or into our website(s).
You agree that you will only use the Services in accordance with these Terms, the most important clauses of which state that you will only use the Services in non-emergency situations; that you are seeking the Services for informational and/or educational purposes only; that you will not seek any diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, product recommendation, or medical advice of any kind from the Services; and that all Services are provided ‘as is’ and without warranty or representation.
You may not use the Services if you are A), under 18 years of age; B), a direct competitor of Sandstone investigating the Services for competitive research; or C), otherwise using the Services for a harmful, malicious, disruptive, or unlawful purpose.
- Parties to this Agreement
These Terms describe a contractual agreement between you, the user, and Sandstone Diagnostics. We have the right to refuse registration of, or cancel your user account, in our discretion for any reason or for no reason. You acknowledge that Sandstone has the right to terminate or limit your account in the event that we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have violated the policies of the Services, including any activities that adversely affect other users’ experiences.
- Modification of these Terms
- Assumption of risk; no guarantee of success
A variety of information, articles, feedback, tips, advice, recommendations, messages, comments, posts, text, graphics, software, photographs, videos, data, and other materials (“Content”) is available through the Services. Some of the Content is provided by Sandstone or its suppliers, and other Content is provided by users, such as any community features. While Sandstone strives to keep the Content that we post accurate, complete, and up-to-date, we can’t guarantee, and are not responsible for, the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any Content, whether provided by Sandstone or its suppliers, or by users of our Services. Any opinions, advice, statements, or other information expressed or made available by users or third parties are the responsibility of those respective users or other third parties and not of Sandstone. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, guidance or statements made anywhere in the Services.
Sandstone does not have any obligation to prescreen, edit, or remove any Content provided by users that is posted on or available through the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sandstone will have the right (but not the obligation), in our sole discretion and for any reason, to prescreen, edit, refuse to accept, remove, or move any such Content.
- Sandstone does not offer medical advice
Please do not ask Sandstone for–or rely on–anything that we communicate as medical advice. Although Sandstone’s Services may contain articles on medical topics, we make no warranty whatsoever that any of the articles are accurate. Even if a statement we make about medicine is accurate, it may not apply to you or your symptoms.
The medical information we write about is, at best, general and cannot substitute for the advice of a medical professional (like a qualified doctor/physician, nurse, or other healthcare provider). We are not doctors.
The Content of our Services, such as text, graphics, images, information obtained from our medical partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors, and other material are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Our fertility coaches may recommend or endorse specific tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may or may not be mentioned in our Content. Reliance on any information provided by Sandstone, Sandstone employees, or others appearing in our Services is solely at your own risk.
- License to use the Services
Subject to your acceptance of these Terms, Sandstone grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable limited license to use any or all of the Services and to display the results of such Services for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you do not remove or obscure any copyright notice, trademark notice, or other proprietary rights notices displayed on or in conjunction with the Content. You agree not to use the Services for any other purpose, or to copy or distribute the content of the Service except as specifically allowed in these Terms. You also agree that you have no right to access, view, or alter any source code or object code of Sandstone or our licensors.
- Fees and Payment
Sandstone reserves the right to require payment of fees for certain features of its Services. Should you elect to subscribe to such features, you shall pay all applicable fees, as described in the Services in connection with such features. Sandstone reserves the right to change its prices and to institute new charges at any time, upon prior notice to you, which may be sent by email or posted on our websites. Use of the Services by you following such notification constitutes your acceptance of any new or increased charges.
- Intellectual property
Sandstone’s Services and the information contained therein is the property of Sandstone Diagnostics and our affiliates and licensors, and is protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by United States copyright law, trademark law, international conventions, and other intellectual property laws. Use of the Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in any of the Content, documents, or other materials you access. Our posting of information or materials on the Services does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials. You may not copy, redistribute, or publish any part of the Services unless we expressly permit you to in these Terms.
- Notice and takedown procedures / DMCA
If you think any materials accessible on or from our Services infringes your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) by contacting Sandstone and providing the following information to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), 17 U.S.C. § 512:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL or path) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that “under penalty of perjury,” you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
To protect the rights of copyright owners, Sandstone maintains a policy for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users who are repeat infringers.
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your DMCA notice may not be valid. Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
- Use of Sandstone Content
The Content is protected by copyright under both United States and foreign laws. Title to the Content remains with Sandstone or its licensors. Any use of the Content not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of these Terms and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. Content and features are subject to change or termination without notice at the discretion of Sandstone. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to Sandstone and its licensors.
- Limitation of liability / disclaimer of warranties
Sandstone and its partners have no liability whatsoever for your use or reliance on any product or service you use or encounter on any Sandstone Service. In particular, but without limitation, you are agreeing that Sandstone is not liable under any theory of law for any compensatory, indirect, special, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages, including but not limited loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information or data, a failure to conceive or deliver, a failure to obtain medical treatment or any other action or omission of behavior following any information or advice found on our site or in any Sandstone Service, or any aspect of your relationship with a spouse or partner, whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort, product liability or otherwise. Our Services would not be provided without these limitations, and if you do not agree to these limitations, please do not use the Services. No advice or information you obtain from us through the Services or in support of the Services shall create any warranty, representation, or guarantee not expressly stated in these Terms. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that Sandstone is found to have a liability to you, you agree that our aggregate liability for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of action will at all times be limited to the amount that you paid, if any, to Sandstone with respect to the Sandstone Service in question. In addition, you specifically agree and acknowledge that Sandstone is not liable for the content submitted by any other user, or any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of a third party.
THE SANDSTONE SERVICES, THE WEBSITES, AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. SANDSTONE, ITS PARTNERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Specifically, Sandstone, its licensors, and its suppliers MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES about the following:
- The accuracy, reliability, completeness, correctness, or timeliness of the Content, software, text, graphics, links, recommendations, or communications provided on or through the use of the Sandstone Services.
- The satisfaction of government regulations requiring disclosure of information on prescription drug products with regard to the Content contained on the Sandstone Services.
- The accuracy, completeness or correctness, timeliness, or usefulness of any opinions, advice, services, or other information provided through the Sandstone Services.
- The Services will be uninterrupted, or free of errors, viruses, or other harmful components.
In no event will Sandstone, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, attorneys, representatives, partners, sponsors, advertisers, or other affiliated persons or entities be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon the information provided through the Sandstone Services. You will hold Sandstone its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, attorneys, representatives, partners, sponsors, advertisers, or other affiliated persons or entities harmless for any such actions or decisions taken by you in reliance upon such information.
By using the Sandstone Services you agree to indemnify and hold Sandstone, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, attorneys, representatives, partners, sponsors, advertisers, or other affiliated persons or entities harmless from any and all losses, damages, liabilities, claims, demands, suits, or causes of action (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising from your use or misuse of the Sandstone Services. You remain solely responsible for all content that you upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise disseminate using, or in connection with, the Services. You agree that the provisions in this paragraph will survive any termination of your account(s) or the Services.
14.1 Representations made and rights granted. You are responsible for all Content that you submit, post, or otherwise make available to or through the Services. By doing so, you represent and warrant to Sandstone that such content is not confidential and that you have all necessary permission to submit, post, and otherwise make available such Content. Sandstone makes no claims to ownership of Content that you submit, post, or otherwise make available to or through the Services and you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content and the right to use your Content as you determine. However, you do grant to Sandstone and our affiliates a worldwide, nonexclusive, perpetual, fully sub-licensable, royalty-free right and license as set below:
- with respect to Content other than photos, graphics, audio, video, or writing that you submit, post, or otherwise make available to public areas of the Services (e.g. not intended as a private communication), the license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform, and publicly display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide via the Services or otherwise, and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed; and
- with respect to photos, graphics, audio, video or writing that you submit, post, or otherwise make available to public areas of the Services, the license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform, and publicly display such Content for the purpose for which such Content was submitted, posted, or made available.
14.2 Prohibited content. You agree that the following actions are a breach of these Terms and that you will not upload any content that:
- includes unsolicited offers, advertisements, proposals, junk mail or any other spam that users of the Services will see or receive. This includes unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, bulk commercial advertising, chain mail, pyramid schemes, charity requests, and petitions for signatures
- infringes upon or violates any rights of any party
- impersonates another person or entity, or creates a false impression or misleads others as to the origins of your communications
- infringes on the intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights of others
- is unlawful, obscene, derogatory, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Sandstone. Seriously. Don’t be a jerk.
- promotes violence, illegal drug use, or substance abuse or describes how to perform a violent act, use illegal drugs, or abuse other substances
- harvests or otherwise collects information about others, including email addresses, without their consent
- discloses the Personal Information of others, including names, email addresses, telephone numbers, or any other confidential or personally identifiable information
- distributes viruses or other harmful computer code
- restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Services.
- regards minors under 18 years of age without the consent of their parents
By submitting communications or content to any part of the Services, you agree that such submission is non-confidential for all purposes. If you make any such submission, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such content has expressly granted Sandstone a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the communication or content in any media or medium, or any form, format, or forum now known or hereafter developed. Sandstone may sublicense its rights through multiple tiers of sublicenses.
- Usage rules
In addition to the prohibited content rules in Section 13.2, you agree that your use of and conduct on the Services shall be lawful and will not:
- be in violation of these Terms, any local, state, federal or international law, rule or regulation or the rules of conduct posted with respect to any individual feature of the Services
- reveal any personal information about another individual, including another person’s home address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number, social security number, or any information that may be used to track, contact, or impersonate that individual
- trick, defraud or mislead Sandstone or other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as passwords
- make improper use of Sandstone’s support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct
- disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in Sandstone’s opinion, Sandstone and/or the Services
- disseminate or transmit viruses, worms, Trojan horses, Remote Access Trojan (“RATs”), keyboard loggers, time bombs, spyware, adware, cancelbots, passive collection mechanisms (“PCMs”), or any other malicious or invasive code or program or upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including, without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies or other similar devices
- reverse engineer, decompile, reverse assemble, modify, or attempt to discover any software (source code or object code) that the Services create to generate web pages or any software or other products or processes accessible through the Services
- except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use or launch, develop or distribute any automated system, including, without limitation, any spider, robot (or “bot”), cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Services, or use or launch any unauthorized script or other software
- cover or obscure any notice, banner, advertisement, or other branding on the Services
- interfere with or circumvent any security feature of the Services or any feature that restricts or enforces limitations on use of or access to the Services
- Outside the US
Sandstone operates and controls the Services from our offices in the United States. We make no claims that the Services or Content is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Sandstone Services from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
- No agency
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Sandstone as a result of these Terms or use of the Sandstone Services.
- Complete Agreement
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other terms.
The following provisions survive the expiration or termination of these Terms for any reason whatsoever: Limitation of liability / Disclaimer of warranties, Indemnification, User Submissions, Jurisdiction, and Complete Agreement.
- Keep in touch
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated; November 30, 2017
Why should I bother reading this?
Accepting the Policy
What we collect from you
You decide how much information you give us by:
- Participating in a questionnaire, survey, or other interactive tools through the Trak App, our coaching services or one of our websites
- Participating on a Forum or other communication mechanism
- Updating the Trak App, our coaching services or one of the websites with information relevant to your fertility or health
When you use our Services you may submit a variety of information about yourself (gender, age, weight, health conditions, occupational hazards, etc.). You can also choose to give us access to certain personal information stored by third parties, including social media sites (like Facebook and Twitter). Information that we have access to varies by site and is controlled by your privacy setting on that site and your authorization.
Specific users (doctors, bloggers, etc.) may be able to submit other content, such as photos and other media. How much information you submit and what information you make public is entirely up to you. Sandstone has no responsibility for how people who view our content use that material, or who they can forward it to.
We like to keep in touch with our users, however you should be aware that we may use the information you include in your emails to assist in providing the Services and we may publish this information on an anonymous basis. Any posting on any of our Forums or other publicly accessible system we offer (including any market place or feedback) becomes the property of Sandstone and can be republished by us, using our discretion.
Besides the information you’ve given us directly or in connection with the Trak App or the tools on any of our websites, we don’t require you to give us “Personally Identifying Information” about yourself. When you use the Trak App or Website tools, we may record information regarding the use of the Trak App or Website tools.
We want to provide you with the best possible service and be able to make personal recommendations, as well as create internal reports. That’s why we collect aggregate information about the use of our Services. These include the following information about users accessing the Website or using the Trak App:
- internet protocol addresses
- browser type
- browser language
- referring/exit pages and URLs
- platform type
- number of clicks
- domain names
- landing pages
- pages viewed and the order they were viewed in
- the amount of time spent on particular pages
- the date and time the pages were accessed
- non-personally identifiable information about your gender, age, weight, health conditions, occupational hazards, etc.
- non-personally identifiable health information such as self-reported lab test results, sperm test results, etc.
We may also store information based on your usage history, which includes:
- details of your transaction
- content you viewed
- how often you visit a page
- click stream information
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser/account
And speaking of cookies…
How we use your information
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We don’t share your information to social networks or other public or semi-public places unless instructed by you to do so. Seriously. We just think it’s the wrong thing to do.
We only share your information with third parties in an aggregate and anonymous format, combined with information we collected from other users. We also share your personal information with employees, affiliates, vendors, partners and third parties only when it’s required to continue running our Services. This includes processing transactions, as well as responding to court orders and legal investigations and complying with audits or other investigations. We may access, preserve, or disclose any information we may have about you and the contents of your account if we’re required to do so by law or believe that providing this information is necessary to avoid liability, to comply with legal process or to protect our rights and property, or that of the public or our affiliates. We aren’t required to question the validity of any search warrant, subpoena, or other similar governmental request that we receive.
We may also use your personal information to tell you about products and services that may interest you, as well as sharing your information for joint marketing purposes with other companies.
Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee the security of your private transmissions against unauthorized or unlawful interception or access by third parties. But we can write mean things about them.
We also use non-personally identifiable information” and certain technical information about your computer and/or smartphone and your access of the Website tools or Trak App (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain, and manage the app and website. We may disclose that kind of information to our partners in order to maintain operations of our Services, to keep you updated about our Services, to give you promotional information regarding our Services, and to make sure your experience with our Services is the best that it can be.
Because science is cool: Sandstone’s scientific research
At Sandstone, we’re looking to revolutionize male reproductive health. We and our research partners, (including academics, reproductive health specialists, or medical facilities) may use your aggregate data from the services to conduct and/or publish this research. We may use these findings for scientific and/or medical abstracts, journals, oral presentations, poster presentations, journalism, in the Trak App, or internal usage to improve user experience.
Personal information should stay personal
If you send messages or post material containing personal information to specific users (such as doctors or bloggers), that information may be collected and used by others.
For our specific users (such as doctors and bloggers), you can choose to edit your profile and other information at any time through the website. You can choose to end your usage of our Services at any time. We will remove your profile and other personal information from view. However, we may keep information about you that is on our system following your termination of our Services.
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information with our Services from any users in this age group. However, we may collect information about children and babies from the parents who are using our Services. The parent/guardian assumes full responsibility for the use and interpretation of any information or suggestions provided through our Services for the minor. We ask that you don’t provide information regarding minors that you do not have guardianship over, without first getting the consent of the parent/guardian.
Transfer of information
In the event of a transfer of ownership of Sandstone or acquisition of Sandstone’s assets related to the business that collected such information, we reserve the right to transfer your personal and non-personally identifiable information. This means that if the majority of the company is acquired by or merged with another company, the new company will have access to this information.
Use of other sites
Our Services may contain links to or be hosted by other websites. These sites may have their own privacy policies. We have no control over these sites and are not responsible for their privacy policies, but we strongly encourage you to review those sites for their own privacy policies.
Protecting your personal information is a top priority to us. That’s why we use industry standard security measures to keep your personal information away from unauthorized parties. We use electronic and procedural safeguards to process your information, and only authorize access of personal information to our employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
Keep in touch
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Last Updated; November 30, 2017